Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Welcome to My Blog.

Over the last few years, I've shared with my friends, family, and church the amazing things that God has taught me through the people and events in my life. On more occasions than I can count, I've been told that I need to share this insight with the world. So here I am - sharing with the world. Maybe because my past has been challenging, I consider my present to be a great adventure. The way I see it, everyone's life story is like a living parable that we can learn from if we just look for the lesson. I hope the parable of my life speaks to you in some wonderful ways.
You may ask - who am I to be trying to teach you anything. I'm not a celebrity, or famous author or journalist. I graduated high school, but I've had only a few college courses - nothing that would give me creditials or authority to teach anybody anything. Maybe that makes me the best kind of teacher. Because I'm just like you - learning to live life one day at a time with no special advantage or formula for getting through the day. What I do have is faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and an ever-deepening relationship with the Holy Spirit. I have a heavenly Father who loves me for who I am, just as I am.

My favorite saying is a quote from Dolly Parton: "Find out who you are and do it on purpose." I've made a small change - Find out who you are in God and do it on purpose - and adopted it as my life's ambition. God has given me the gift of writing and I am excited about sharing it.
About the Photo
Deer Lake Park (July 2007)

No comments: