Thursday, July 15, 2010

Where Love Begins


I thank you Lord for all You are,
for all that You have done,
and for the life of Jesus Christ,
Your one and only Son.

I must admit it puzzles me
that you would freely send
Your perfect sinless Son
to die on a cross for my hateful sin.

I hated and cursed Your sacred Name
and chose to live in sinful strife.
Yet You sacrificed your only Son
to give me everlasting life.

And the most puzzling of all for me,
You freely gave Your Son to die.
Then gave to me the choice to love
the King of Kings or the Father of Lies.


This is love:  not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. (1 John 4:10, NIV)

We love because he first loved us. (1 John 4:19, NIV)

About the picture:
Blackwater Falls State Park (May 2010)

No comments: