Monday, March 21, 2011

A Lenten Journey - Forgiveness

The poem "A Lenten Journey - A Modern-Day Psalm" has been divided into weekly devotions consisting of a short Lenten meditation followed by a Celebratory Praise. Take some time during the week to reflect on the Lenten meditation—see if you can find some part of yourself in the words and then have a heart to heart conversation with God about it. Then on Sunday, take some time to celebrate the love and grace God has lavished on you. (The poem in its entirety will be posted on Easter Sunday.)


(FORGIVENESS)
Lord Jesus, I come to You broken and penitent.
Forgive me, Oh Lord – forgive.
Take my sins,
my awful horrendous sins,
and remember them no more.
Strip the guilt and shame from my soul, O God
and grow in me a new heart.
One filled with love and devotion for You.

(THIRD SUNDAY DURING LENT)
Rejoice! Praise the God of heaven and rejoice
for the Lord has forgiven my sins.
He has reached out to me in His love
with grace and blessings.
He has called me His own!


About the picture:
North Park, PA (May 2010)

No comments: