Monday, March 28, 2011

A Lenten Journey - Redemption

The poem "A Lenten Journey - A Modern-Day Psalm" has been divided into weekly devotions consisting of a short Lenten meditation followed by a Celebratory Praise. Take some time during the week to reflect on the Lenten meditation—see if you can find some part of yourself in the words and then have a heart to heart conversation with God about it. Then on Sunday, take some time to celebrate the love and grace God has lavished on you. (The poem in its entirety will be posted on Easter Sunday.)


(REDEMPTION)

Savior – Redeem me.
Redeem my life and my soul.
Only Your sinless life
and sacrificial death on the cross
will satisfy the death sentence that sin demands.
Only Your righteousness for my ungodliness
will bring me into the Father’s presence
with praises on my lips and joy in my heart
rather than tears of fright and fear of punishment.

(FOURTH SUNDAY DURING LENT)
Rejoice! Praise the God of heaven and rejoice
for the Lord has redeemed my soul.
He has reached out to me in His love
with grace and blessings.
He has called me His own!


About the picture:
North Park, PA (August 09)

No comments: