Monday, March 12, 2012

Steadfast Lord


STEADFAST LORD
Who am I that You sought me?
That You even saw me?
That You would soothe the sorrow of my soul?
Why such favor for a remorseless sinner?
You came to me.
You loved me.
You remained with me
and You won my heart.

I refused to call out to You in my despair.
Not once did I seek Your grace and healing
nor speak Your name devoid of animosity.
Defiantly I turned my back to You and yet
You came to me.
You loved me.
You remained with me
and You won my heart.


You reached into the darkness of my sin,
the emptiness of my hopeless existence,
sobbing with me in the agony of my wounds,
never hesitating, nor withholding compassion.
You came to me.
You loved me.
You remained with me
and You won my heart.



About the pictures:
North Park (Aug. 2009)

2 comments:

Audrey said...

I feel such grace when I read this poem. Why do we get so frantic about seeking love in our lives when we have the perfect love available every second of every day? As always, thanks for sharing your heart with me!

Common Household Mom said...

I wrote a similar idea (tho not in poetry) in my journal last week.