Monday, June 25, 2012

Light the Way


Light the Way
O LORD, You ways are superior
Your thoughts incomprehensible
and mysterious –
still somehow accessible
to those who hear Your Voice
and praise Your Name.
In my heart and mind
You’ve revealed Your Word,
Your will, Your plan,
in such a way
that I can understand.
You’ve unlocked Your wisdom
Your Spirit illumines the way
as I determine to follow Your footsteps,
through life,
every hour of every day.
Sometimes I’m bruised from falling
Pricked by thorns when I go astray and
You guide me back to the narrow path
When I cry out for grace
in Jesus’ name.
You never leave me to suffer
nor condemn my miserable, sorry soul
though I’ve flaunted my defiance for all to see.
You won’t leave me in my arrogance
for You’ve given in Your Holy Word
a guarantee
that You will search the wilderness
until You, the LORD, recover me.
I am Your child, Your follower
saved by Your love and grace alone
All that I possess I received from You
I have nothing of my own to give
in gratitude
except my heart, my soul,
my mind,
my willing praise,
and the life I live.




Poetic Response to Psalm 119:105-112
About the pictures:
Parkwood Prayer Garden (July 2009)
Blackwater Falls State Park (May 2010)


3 comments:

Common Household Mom said...

I like how you put "a guarantee" on its own line.

In the photo, are those the Somerset County windmills?

Maureen Profeta said...

Actually CHM - these windmills are located just outside Blackwater Falls State Park in West Virginia.

Audrey said...

Beautiful words...wonderful meaning! Thanks for sharing your inner self with me.