Monday, February 18, 2013

Terms of Surrender

Today's blog is the end of a very long journey as I share the last poem inspired by Psalm 119 (verses 169-176). I've been changed in my journey through this psalm that for so long I avoided because it was lengthy and seemed to be redundant at first. It makes me wonder what else in God's Word I am missing out on when I skip over parts that seem irrelevant or somehow redundant and boring. I hope you have been blessed in this journey as I have. Enjoy!

Terms of Surrender
In humility and awe I fall upon my knees and pray

Spirit of the Living God reside in me this day
Undo the sin and shame enslaving this poor soul.
Remember me in mercy—Savior make me whole.
Recreate me in Your image as I confess and
Establish within me LORD, Your holiness.
Nurture within me a servant’s willing heart
Delight in my humble offering of praise and
Empower me to seek and abide in You always.
Reflect in me Your love for all the world to see.

Achieve in me the purpose for which You spoke me into being.
Lamb of God disciple me in the Father’s Will and Way
Loose in me a yearning to listen and obey.

Infuse in me the desires of Your kind and gracious heart.

Amid my doubts, my struggles, though I may fall apart
My mind, my heart, my soul, my life, I pray will bear Your mark.


3 comments:

Green Grandma said...

Beautiful, Maureen.

Common Household Mom said...

That's wonderful.

Audrey said...

Thank you for sharing your innermost thoughts with us!
God bless you always!