Monday, June 22, 2015

My Rock and Me and a Plane



When I saw this 10 second video, I smiled ear to ear, not only because it’s so adorable but because it struck me as the perfect picture of my God and me. This is how I go through life—pulling the rope, typing the words, designing the quilt, comforting the broken and grieving people, but it is really God right there with me that is moving the plane, inspiring the words and the quilts, and giving hope and healing to the broken and grieving people through my words and in my embrace. And all the while he’s encouraging me…That’s it! You can do it. Look how strong you are.

If that doesn’t describe the kind of relationship you have with Jesus, the Rock of Salvation, don’t worry. You only have to ask him to bring the miracle of that kind of closeness into your heart and your life and he willguaranteed!

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone?  Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?  If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! Matthew 7:7-11


If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9